Thursday, April 24, 2008

New Can dvd on the way!!!

So, I'm ordering a book on Visual Web Developer to keep the old computer skills sharp, and I found one. Then, smart old amazon's web site tells me that for another $8 I can get Free Super Savings (or whatever it's called), and how could I pass that up??

The Guru didn't need anything, so I thought it was time to get a new music dvd. I started searching and nothing quite hit me. So, I thought: "Would amazon have any krautrock dvds??". I pondered and found Faust "Impressions". Ummmm...that looks pretty good, but I thought I'd keep on searching. Then
nirvana
heaven
utopia
hit me in the face square in the cranium.
The fucking Can dvd!!!!

Yoohooo!!!

It was over $50...but I was thinking: "what the hell?" Then I scrolled further down and found the US version for $23...well, after all this I had no choice, but to add the motherfucker to my shopping cart.

So, in a couple of weeks, I should be getting a 2 dvd set of one my fav bands of all time - Can!!! The free 1972 concert, 2 documentaries, Eno's tribute to Can, interviews...I can hardly wait!!!
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

How stupid is this???

It's the nicest week weather-wise here on Haida Gwaii, and I've got the fucking flu. I'm sleeping during the night, in the morning, in the afternoon. I'm at the tail end of it, but just woke up from a 4 hour sleep.

Sucks, dude....
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

The Guru's job is out of control - and mine ends in October anyway (and it's not what I really want to do), so who knows? We may be moving once again. It's harder this time, than last since there are so many positive things about Haida Gwaii --- except the job situation is shitty. Well, might as well enjoy it while we're here, and who knows? I just want the Guru to be content in her job situation, and really - she could be doing so much better than she is...as a matter of fact, that goes for me as well!

Nothing definite yet.
####################

Recent great listens

Les Rallizes Denudes: I'm in love with these Japanese anarchists. I found this site that has tons of it for download:
bruitage et mon cri dans l"escalier. It's got lots of cool stuff on it. Just type in Les Rallizes Denudes in the blog search to find some pretty awesome music.

The Bintangs: I heard these guys on some psych collection (I think LSD Connection - not sure what volume, and I'm sick dude) and loved it. I got Blues on the Ceiling (1969) and was playing harmonica along with it while walking around Spirit Lake. Very hard-edged blues rock...they're still around and I've got to hear some more of these guys.

Out of Focus impresses me more and more every time I listen to them.

Zloty Dawai: Teleoposis (2005) is great! I don't know who these dadaists are, but it's worth checking out. Weird jazz rock experimental avante-garde kinda stuff...

C.C.S: C.C.S 1 (1970) Alexis Korner's band after Blood, Sweat & Tears got hijacked by David Clayton-Thomas, and it's great. I mean - you've got to hear their version of "Whole Lotta Love" - jaw dropping!! The version of "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" rocks pretty good too...good stuff!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's end off with the amazing "Vitamin C" from Can. Probably around 1972. thanks antiguoautomata!!!


************************

No comments: