Thursday, November 06, 2008

Odds and Ends Odds and Ends I should drink more Orange Juice!!!!

the power of the funk!!!
Musical Chit Chat

Friday Night August the 14th!!!!
Friday Night August the 14th!!!!
Friday Night August the 14th!!!!

Man - I just finished watching that youtube video of Funkadelic (again and again and again) and it wraps me up and sends me off to different galaxies
and intensities
and emotions
I just wanna fucking
SCREAM
...with passion...

Note to Mole (and everybody else): I listened to JD King & The Coachmen, and thought it was great. I had it on my Walkman and didn't know who it was: I thought - wow, a cool garage instrumental version of "Sweet Jane" - about time. I checked it out and it was JD. Very interesting guy...Thanks Mole!

I'm enjoying Budgie's solid 70s hard rock approach. No frills.

Elephant9: Dodovoodoo (2008) Loved this slice of Norwegian progressive acid organ jazz. Maybe I'm looking under the wrong rocks and swimming the wrong oceans and walking the wrong lanes...BUT I don't hear enough new modern jazz, so this went down beautifully and soothed the soul.

I have discovered lots of great new music (including Elephant9) on the blog called Soundweave. Great job guys! Much appreciated!!

Hey, enough of this modern stuff
hahaha
here's an old obscure classic worth hearing: Euclid: Heavy Equipment (1970) Check out this fuzzed out psych rockin' trip on ChrisGoesRock.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Miscellaneous Chit Chat

I'm glad Obama beat McCain (oh Lord another 8 years of selfish aggressive xenophobic sons of bitches...I think not) and hopefully he lives up to the hype. I'm cynical about politicians in general, but I'm rooting for him...I guess we'll see. I hope he really is about change, and I mean
SERIOUS FUCKING CHANGE
not a little tune up.

I start the Life Skills job on Wednesday and am pretty anxious (and excited) to find out about my responsibilities. The library job is really good.
honestly it's a rolled up cig!!
Our 18 year old cat "Trouble" is still hanging in there. He's started showing his age...then again, I calculate his age to be 90, and if I'm doing as well as him when I'm that age...well, as Barry Manilow once wisely proclaimed:
"It's A Miracle
a true blue spectacle
a miracle come true" - or something like that.

Hope all went well at my friends Andrew and Sandra's wedding on Halloween. Hamilton seems so far away...literally. Hope they had a great time and are enjoying married life!
************************

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Mr Harvey! I'm sorry you could not make it. Good food, good music, great conversation. I think you would have enjoyed it.

As for enjoying married life, after 1 week I can say it's pretty sweet.

Take care of yourself, Mr Dog. Good luck on the new job!

- Andrew