Saturday, September 12, 2009

Prince George story: Bitchy Old Woman at the Raghu Lokanathan show...

get out my seats you cunts!!!
Here's a PG story: ----

Having a great holiday...all going smoothly...

Raghu Lokanathan is playing at good old Artspace, so we decide to end off the holiday in PG listening to some great music.

We arrive at the show and it's set up in the most sterile way possible. This isn't the most friendly atmosphere for some reason. It's pretty full (what - maybe 75 people?), so we find some seats at the side near the back. I go to grab a chair for our friend who will be joining us shortly...

I put the chair down and remove a purse from my chair
setting it down
on the ground
thinking it was the Guru's...who put it there to save my seat.

A lady (stinking old bitch!) comes over and asks if her purse is there. I look down and see 2 purses - ooops...

"Oh, is this yours?"
"Yes."
"I'm sorry, were you saving these seats? We'll Move."
"That's alright."

So, she moves 2 rows back, more towards the middle...I can hear her muttering, so I turn to the Guru:
"I think she's pissed at us."
Guru is oblivious to what's going on. So, I drop it...whatever....and put it out of my mind.

About 10 minutes later she comes back from the washroom and sticks her bitchy face between Guru and me and says to Guru:
"You know you shouldn't have thrown that purse on the floor, " in the most cranky bitchy way possible and departs with Guru and I sitting there in stunned silence.

WTF!!!!!

Well, needless to say, neither one of us would ever throw another person's purse on the floor (it was an honest mistake), it wasn't the Guru who had anything to do with it (I put it down thinking it was Guru's) and we also politely offered her the seats back - it was no fucking big deal to us!!

Now - 2 years ago, that would have ruined my evening and my depression would have deepened to a dark unhappy place
BUT
I'm learning, so I thought:
"Fuck it - I hardly see any live music where I live, and I ain't going to let some fucking old Prince George bitch ruin my evening!"

I focused on the music and after a couple of songs I was able to put it out of my mind (until now!) and enjoy the music of a great entertaining songwriter who will probably become quite famous one day - he has 2 cds out, and is being played on CBC Radio regularly. I would bet a Juno will come his way one day...

I also had the opportunity to talk to Jeremy after the first set and get some great advice on home recording from him. Thanks Jeremy!

We had a great time in Prince George, but this lady also reminded me of why I did not care for Prince George - there were too many more just like her in that city!

Ahhhh - fucking closure!
************************

No comments: