Thursday, October 28, 2010

Stray Thoughts from a 1 week vacation to Prince Rupert and Terrace, BC...Neil Young, poetry, drawings & Paul Jones

The following is taken from my notebook...and memory...October 11th - 18th...flying solo in PR & Terrace!
##########################

I heard an angel
calling me
down on the
devil's sidewalk,
I put my
bottle down
picked up a
joint instead
anti-depressants
and walked down
this empty street
feeling the wind
slap my face
and shake me
down to the core...
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

driving past the finished line and i ain't finished yet...
Paul Jones: Crucifix in a Horseshoe (1971) The ex-Manfred Mann group lead singer uncorks a classic and no one seems to notice or remember...i love the lyrics...making fun of stardom and everything that goes with it...literate...catchy as all hell...i think this is a lost classic!!! Here's a review.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

listened to a couple
getting it on
in the next room,
wishing it was you and me
fucking like dogs
in the noonday sun.
##############

saw a small bear at the side of the road...finally...it's been over a year since I saw my last bear.
&&&&&&&&&

sometimes a critically acclaimed album from an artist you really like, can not quite hit the spot with you, for one reason or another...or just aesthetically? This is true of Neil Young - one of my all-time favs...Top 5 material fer sure...Harvest Moon? seems to be considered fairly classic....yet...it just doesn't hit the spot for me..it's sorta...ya know?...boring...except for the song about his dog that died. Harvest? well, it's pretty close to classic and it does have some of his best songs...ever. Needle and the Damage Done & Old Man are classic, baby, fucking classic...alabama's a close 3rd for me, but heart of gold? blech...

now with neil there are albums of his i love that critics seem to dis. Reactor? i just love the sound of this...mashed potatoes indeed...Life? not classic, but Too Lonely, Prisoners of Rock'n'Roll & Cryin' Eyes are a fucking great trio of hard rocking tunes...and inca queen is beautiful.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Were Sonic's Rendezvous Band one of the greatest rock bands of all-time? Listening to the box set, I would find it difficult to argue against it.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Music & Me

i have more fun
stoned
alone
at home
just my music and me
my escape from reality 
and you can say 
what you're going to say
but i can't hear
what you're sayin'
cause it's just
my music and me.
***************
the truth behind room 411 at the highliner...


********************

No comments: