Sunday, October 29, 2006

More YouTube sightings, Residents Reich 'n' Roll

Mr. Damo and Can rock the house
YouTube Sightings

Can:
1) Mushroom Head (1972) Video. Is this made by the band? A friend? It seems to be from 72 and is incredible. Even the Guru was impressed, and she's no krautrock fan.
2) Paper House (197?) This is live from TV with Damo dancing maniacally and spurting out his broken words. Another winner.
3) Vertical Equinox (1975) Damo has gone, but the band sounds awesome and still experimental with Karoli sounding particularly awesome in this live tv performance.
4) Don't Say No (1977) Another live TV performance, and latter Can is much smoother, with a nice funky bottom supplied by some really cool looking cat on bass.
Summary: It has been an absolute joy watching Can performances from the 70s, especially the early stuff with Damo. Awesome band, awesome videos.

CSN & Y: Down By the River on the David Steinberg show circa 71. Great live performance with the band actually living up to their potential. Neil and Stills particularly shine. Who's a thunk???

William Shatner: Rocket Man - I canNOT get enough of William Shatner. I was laughing through the whole video...I mean, I was in deep contemplative mode with William's interpretation bringing new and insightful meanings to the original lyric.

Bob Dylan: Love Sick - This was a strange one! A small studio crowd dressed in black grooving to this song, with Bob acting particularly cool.

[aside: Time Out of Mind is a classic to me *****, with Love and Theft a disappointment (I don't see why so many critics consider this a classic, it's a *** at most). The new one, Modern Times (2006) sounds fantastic. Blows away Love and Theft.]
***


The Residents: The Third Reich 'n' Roll (1976) I remember seeing the video from this album many decades ago and it blew away my virginal eyes. I saw it again a couple of weeks ago, and it still blows me away. Of course, I had to get the album, and it is currently melting my mind
A little eyeball love!!!into
frothy ice cream
layers
of possibilities
and creativity.

Eyeballs need love too!!!!!
***

No comments: