Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Random thoughts on a Random Day: Jutok Kaneko, Warren Zevon and that evil clown where Mayor McCheese is the law!!!

Pride can be a great thing, but it can also lead to racism and hatred if that pride does not come along with humanity.
(((((((((((((

Jutok Kaneko: Endless Ruins (2001) Jutok died this past January at 48. This cd is awesome...most of it is just him, his guitar and his voice and it is both haunting and beautiful. He captured my attention and held on to it with a vise-like grip as I pondered his amazing talent. He is considered a part of the Japanese psychedelic and noise movement and he also had a rock group called Kosokuya that I will be delving into shortly. He is more than worthy of future study!!

Here's a video of Jutok with Tori Kudo and Tomas Muller and a interpretative dancer. I believe Jutok is the one with the shades behind the dancer. This is some wild shit from September 2003 at the Penguin House in Japan. thanks to lesDEDS. Tori Kudo looks like someone else to explore!



*************

I enjoyed Can: Rite Time (1989) with Malcolm Mooney returning on vocals. Is it under-rated??? I think so.
@@@@@@@

I've started the new bio on Warren Zevon ("I'll Sleep When I'm Dead") done by his ex-wife in the "Please Kill Me" format of quotes from those who knew him. He certainly was an interesting character! Father was a gangster...he gave up drinking for 17 years then when he found out he had cancer he went back to the bottle and apparently quite hard for a couple of months...hung out with Stravinksy a few times...as a teenager!..started out in a folk duo, but made some $$$ writing a couple of songs covered by The Turtles (already knew that one!)...and he was quite the womanizer. And I'm only on page 30! Certainly starting out as a fun read!
#########

Here's a psychedelic acid-drenched McDonald's commercial for you. Still not convinced he's an evil clown??? thanks to ThreeOranges.


!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: