Monday, September 08, 2008

Guru gone for a month, my mind is full and the tunes are still rockin'!!

I just got back from dropping the Guru off at the airport. She's off to Vancouver for a conference, then off to Ontario to see family and friends. The Bah and I are going to miss her, but hopefully the time will pass quickly.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

4 weeks to go on my Life Skills contract and the mind is full thinking of my next assault to grab some of the money tree.

There's a library job that would be cool...even though it's only til April. There seem to be some interest in doing some Life Skills stuff, but it's all part-time.
OR
I may pursue my own business - web design, tutoring and whatever else...gotta work on the business plan. There's a program out there for us (soon-to-be) unemployed folk that assists in getting our own business started. At least this gets me back into the computer field - since that's what I went back to fucking school for!!
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Rockin' Tuneage

The Mystic Tide: Solid Sound (1994) Who the fuck were these guys?!?! Wow!!!!! I was absolutely blown away by them. Some kind of combination of Les Rallizes Denudes and The Velvets with some garage punk thrown in. Awesome!!! Here's Julian Cope's assessment. So - some of these recordings were done in the 90s?...so fucking what!!! Great music is great music.

I found some Kinks bootlegs from Japan on Telhados do Mundo that I'm drooling over.

Man, one of the reasons I actually wouldn't mind going to Ontario for is to see some live music. We're pretty isolated here. Just thinkin' bout that summer watching George Clinton, Van Morrison and Neil Young would make any music lover salivate.

Guru Guru: Essen 1970:
call it what you will -
krautrock
prog rock
jazz rock
rock'n'roll
weird shit
This is an awesome document of a band at their beginning. The energy is impeccable, the sound is great and I can't stop singing: Boooooooooooooooooooooo Diddley!!!
One of my fav bands.

Steve Hillage: Fish Rising (1975) This was a very pleasant surprise (well - it really shouldn't be a surprise), and sounded like classic Gong with Daevid Allen and Gilli Smyth's space whispers intact.
************************

No comments: