Thursday, January 15, 2009

Karuna Khyal's "Alomoni" is a CLASSIC!

listen to this!!! karuna khyal
Karuna Khyal: Alomoni (1976) this album gave me one of the most enjoyable and pleasurable listening experiences i have experienced in awhile...
i mean....
goddamn!!!

this is entrancing
hypnotic
demonic beefheartian vocals
that blows the mind apart and re-assembles the shattered pieces into a picasso jigsaw...

no info on this group?????
same people as brast burn??????

this is incredible! what a rewarding obscurity!!!

another japanese mid-70s psychedelic underground avante-garde experimental krautrocky bluesy disc that will reward innumerable listens for tired ears ready to explore something a little "out there"

go for it!!!

this and Magical Power Mako have been my 2 fav discoveries in my recent exploration of the japanese underground in the 70s...and if you have any passing interest in the phenomenon of the music listed in Julian Cope's Japrocksampler then i highly recommend you dive in head first

shake your locks off
look at the sun in a different way
and dig this:
you'll be a whole bunch better person than you were before

prog not frog discusses karuna khyal and provide a link to give a listen.
********************

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey John,

I've got those on cd.
Great krauty music.

Check Les Rallizes Denudes if you haven't already.

Google blog search will get you some d/l's.

I just joined facebook. It brings old friends and distant friends out of the woodwork.

Cheers, Imants.

Harvey Dog said...

Imants

Great to hear from you! I still follow e-mole (or should I say "Big Bruce"??) so it keeps me tangentially in touch.

Les Rallizes Denudes have become one of my fav bands - got about 20 albums (many are box sets) of them. Incredible!

I'm now in the process of d/l Krautrock: Music for Your Brain - 6cds of krautrock! Vol. 2 & Vol. 3 will be d/l soon.

I've resisted facebook...so far. Maybe, I'll join the mob this weekend. If I do, I'll be contacting you.

Take care,
John