Monday, January 12, 2009

Poem written January 12th around 1:00 p.m: Vomit and Alarm Clocks

Vomit and Alarm Clocks

i stumble towards the bathroom
1 hour to work and feeling like shit....
i heave 3 times
each one stronger than the previous
THEN
i hear the alarm clock
announcing that
s l e e p
is OVER
time for work
i scream "no no no no no no!!!!!"
did i set the clock wrong?
no no no no no no

i lay back down pale and weak
unable to move a muscle
without maximum effort
the guru enters
and tells me i need to see a doc
i'm like no no no no no no
i don't wanna see no doc
they do nothing but make you feel
like a
faker baker -
"why come to me when there are REAL sick people
out there for me to see!!!!"
the doc screams into my face
as the sweat pours down
and the pains in my chest give away my age

i swear i'm gonna
start eating right
exercising and stretching
my bodily woes away
until i'm running and cycling
round the island
like a tourist....

my eyes open warily
it's now 12:30
the dog needs to go out
the cat needs to be pet
i feel unsteady, sickly
like the vomit may re-appear
and make me humble....

i struggle and get the garbage out
(large piece of wood on it
to keep the eagles and other sundry
animals from decorating our yard
with a garbage collage)

i head back in
and put these god-damn words
down onto my computer
and this
...blog....

written 1/12/2009 by John Harvey
******************************

No comments: