Friday, April 17, 2009

No Internet at Home!! The Joy of Rural Living!!!

No Internet at home!!!

Get this...

Our ISP guy is getting sued by some group, and he has proceeded to block the radio signals, so now we no longer can access the net. The solution according to the suers? Go to another ISP - oh, that leaves, let's see - dial-up or dealing with a big old jackass who yells at his customers. He's so bad, that I went there first, and he offended me so much, that I refused to business with him.

BUT

now he's the only hi-speed guy around!

What choice? It may take a week...it may take a month...it could take a couple of months. This is the way the guy operates.

Oh well...patience, dear boy, patience...I can access the net at work (which is what I'm doing now - on my break, boss - really!) so there may not be too much action on my blog. Then again, I've been negligent and uninspired, so a rest may recharge the ol' batteries.
################

Quick little musical thing - I'm listening to Tony Joe White's "Swamp Music" disc 3, and he's fantastic. I love...I mean, I LOVE his voice!! Great songs...highly recommended!!!!
*******************

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's hell living in the country. We have satellite internet. Still able to see old pals from many years gone by - Roger &
Deanna say hi!

Harvey Dog said...

No kidding!

Hey - I do love the pace around here though. Finally got back online, but it wouldn't surprise me to lose the internet once again. That's when work comes in handy!

And a great BIG hello to you and Deanna!! How the hell are you guys anyway?

Tammy and I are going off-island next week, which means we can catch up on our shopping. 7 hour ferry ride to get to Prince Rupert. It's cool though. It's a great experience living out here. I never thought I'd be a fucking life skill worker on a reserve - and the Haidas at that!

I hope you 2 have had a fun ride!

Harv