Thursday, December 27, 2007

Rambling thoughts on life and music

Rambling thoughts on Life

Well, a merry xmas to one and all. hohohohohohohohoho
Hope everyone's having a nice holiday season!!

I don't how I survived without an mp3 player until now! They are fucking awesome!!! I mean, I can now listen to music driving the car, walking the dog, riding the hog, cleaning the pad...it really is fantastic. Thanks Guru and to my bro for sending a 2nd one, which will supply the guru with the same enjoyment. I have them on NOW!!

This is always the time of year I get my cold and flus, and working with teenagers hasn't helped. I'm sick right NOW!!!

I'm working at the local Teen Centre over the holidays and it's pretty cool. In a city of 300,000 you'd be lucky to get 12 out to the local teen hangout...well, here on Haida Gwaii, there's not as much for the kids to do, so they get around 50 teens a night!! Pool table (old and worn, better than nothing), 2 old style video games, an old tv and dvd player for movies, a sound system...it's pretty cool. Chris, the guy who runs it, has donated most of this stuff. Really nice guy, so I'm happy to help out...and getting paid is nice too. :)

Why don't people realize that there is a big difference between networking and programming. 2 separate fields, and while it may be quicker for me to get trained as a networker, than someone starting fresh, I still need that training. I've got an on-call contract and troubleshooting is fine, but setting up a network is driving me "out-of-my-ever-sweet-lovin'" mind. I don't know where to begin. [aside: ok, I'm done whining now]

The cat is sorta staring into space right now. He looks funny. He's 17 1/2, and still going strong. Somebody has to keep an eye on the dog!!

It is raining buckets as I type this...welcome to Haida Gwaii!!

We watched "Smoke Signals" last night and it's an excellent movie. Living on a rez really opens your eyes towards native culture...the good the bad and people are people...

Rambling thoughts on Music

I have finally finished sorting through Randy's amazing stash, and it really is fucking incredible!!! I have cut back on my downloading drastically. I need to catch up on my listening! I have 1 dvd all ready for ya RG...don't forget to let me know about that whole dvd thingie...ya know...* cough cough *

I listen to The Kinks way more than The Beatles or The Rolling Stones. Just an observation.

Bob Dylan's Theme Time Radio Hour is terrific. He has made doing a radio show an extension of his art, and I don't think it should be taken as a triviality. It's too impressive for that! Have you checked it out Mole? Mole's show is an art form as well. Click for e-Mole's blog. Happy holidays Bruce!!

Enough rambling thoughts...now it's time for me to cut the cheese...hehehehe
*************

No comments: