Saturday, December 29, 2007

Poetry: The Power of Dreams

The Power of Dreams


wish for...

a little rest in the country
a little peace in the city
...I'm a jackhammer
cutting through the concrete

no one knows
what these little pills do
I'm a shaking
I'm a quivering

the guns are shooting,
people are dying
instead of living

if you ain't like me
I don't wanna know
I don't wanna see
...
the clowns in the circus
have taken over
the lion tamers have
lost control
the acrobats are falling
and
I'm a quivering
from the medication
that keeps
the demons at bay

take me to an island
my own private island

away from the pain I see
what do the children feel?
what do they see?

follow our footsteps
cause we're right
they're wrong

kill the bastards
that disagree...
...
and I'm dancing
dancing in my head
dancing on my bed
dance with the pain
dance with the hurt
...
the truckers
and the nuns
are fucking
in the alleys

and it's alright
it's alright
keep on dancing
keep on fucking
keep on driving
keep on dreaming

there's power in your dreams
that keeps you going
for...

one more day

one more day.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

No comments: