Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2008????? Time flies like the eagles by the ocean...and Kevin Coyne and The Cramps

Here we are. Another January 1st marking time passing.

A time of reflection.
It's like a marker saying: "Hey!!! You!!! Stop for a second and reflect."

OK.

I'm always asked about resolutions, and every year I say the same thing. "My resolution is to try and be a better person/partner/humanitarian."

Then I get the look of "yeh. right."

But...I'm serious. I've quit cigs and booze, and ain't about to quit the weed [aside: not that it's easy to come by here anyway]. I guess my resolution could be to help out at the Teen Centre in Queen Charlotte whether I get paid or not. Also, make sure I recycle properly and thoroughly.

Well, I guess I do have resolutions! What are yours?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

time for reflection???
asked the man with the
dirty fingernails
reflection????
do the birds in the sky reflect?
does the worm in the ground reflect?
does the cigarette
between my fingers reflect?
reflection????
tell it to someone
who has time.
Me?
I reflect on surviving.
Just surviving, man.
***************

Here's Kevin Coyne giving us something to reflect upon. Our fucking sanity. thanks RadioMad.


%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

More insanity from The Cramps. Live at the Napa State Mental Hospital 1978. Awesome!!!!!!!! thanks MaxBones.

#################

No comments: