Sunday, June 08, 2008

Weekly Ramble: Amon Duul II, Haida Gwaii, I'm Not There, dogs, shit and sunshine!!!

Weekly Ramble

I ramble
cause
I'm scattered

Another day on Haida Gwaii, how many more? The Guru's had enough of her job...Time continues to run out on my contract, and no FT computer job on the horizon. Gotta enjoy the beauty of the land while we're here! It is beautiful!!

Amon Duul II: Tanz Der Lemminge (1971) reminded me why I love krautrock so much. It blew me away...again! I love the stoned jamming, the stoned lyrics. There's some kind of exploratory research going on here and we don't know what is, do we Mr. Normal!

6 months without mary-ju-wanna and I wanna I wanna...I can get it from about 4-5 sources BUT they're all fucking clients!!! Can't risk my job...not yet, anyway...

Watched "I'm Not There" (2007) and it took me around 10-15 minutes to get into the pace and the structure of the movie. Once I did, though, I really enjoyed it a LOT. There was some pretty good acting going on. I really liked Marcus Carl Franklin and Cate Blanchett in this. Even Richard Gere was fine! Nice cameo by Jim James & Calexico and Richie Havens. Definitely a movie to watch a second time.

Listened to some more Bintangs (Genuine Bull from 1975) and loved it!! These guys rock, man!!

If you can't have fun with small dogs, when do you have fun???

Listened to the 2nd Comus album "To Keep From Crying" (1974) and what a come-down from the brilliant 1st album "First Utterance" (1971). I mean, it wasn't brutal or anything, but no comparison to the 1st one.

I'm feeling shortchanged at work lately. It's a little stressful to put on lunch for 15 schizo / depressed / mentally unbalanced broke guys every week, with no help whatsoever. Wait...a couple of the guys do actually help out, but no other Life Skills worker or Clinician. A bit of a stressor!! Oh well, I guess we plod on doing the best we can.

Been writing more poetry lately...at work. It's a nice relief and stress reducer. I feel the words are flowing better than they have in the past 10 years. Ya gotta let the shit simmer...I mean sometimes you want to put out all the demons in your mind and feed it to the page, then you think you're nothing but a downer...
gotta remember there's a ying and yang to everything...
a balance...
shit and sunshine in every breath
we're all on this roller coaster
who knows when we'll crash
but we will
and until then
might as well go with the flow...

I'm listening to HP Lovecraft's 1st album from 1967, and I really enjoy these guys. Great psychedelic folky stuff. Check em out.
##################

Here's some Amon Duul II from 1970 doing "Soap Shop Rock". thanks Louisfilth!


*************************

2 comments:

mike-floyd said...

Hi!
Ho need to smoke weed when you can get high by listening to the music posted on:
http://homemade-lofi-psychedelic.blogspot.com/

Enjoy!

Harvey Dog said...

Hi Mike

Thanks for the link! Your blog looks great! Lots to get high on. :)

John