Thursday, June 04, 2009

Back on the Rock and Music Listening habits disclosed...am I weird???

Back on the Rock

Back from a stressful car buying trip to Prince Rupert & Terrace. Both our cars died, but buying 2 at once is a little too much man.

Weed ain't free...

2 bicycles = exercise & +++ for the environment!!!
ya don't spend much while on the island
but
when you go mainland
you gotta shop shop shop
til you wanna drop

guru's course got cancelled...so we came back early, and I still got some holidays left and am taking it easy man...
the weather is cool...i mean hot
and bring out any number of 70s rock cliches and apply to me - the booze but + the friends and "in the summertime" and the "livin' is easy" ya gotta "roll on down the highway"
yowza!!!
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Musical Ramblings

OK...is this weird? My listening habits --

  • print up a "listening list" of about 5-6 pages by elimination from my "music collection list". Done in Word 2003.
  • listen to my mp3 player the majority of the time.
  • always keep the mp3 player as close to 1 gb as possible.
  • make selections from my "listening list".
  • listen to the mp3 alphabetically based on cd title.
  • delete off mp3 when listened to.
  • cross off the album from my "listening list".
  • i choose the cds sometimes by 1) randomly pointing at the list or 2) choosing based on what artist has the most "outstanding" cds to listen to or 3) the 2nd cd of a 2 cd set (gotta listen to them close together!) or 4) occasionally just pick something from the list i feel like listening to! dammit!!
  • and to prove i'm wild and unpredictable, i'll even pull out an lp - and there's NO "lp listening list"!! i'm so fucking rad...

Why did I go on about that? oh yeh...Feist and Cat Power were on the mp3, and I like Cat Power better, but certainly don't mind Feist, but I doubt I'd ever non-randomly put on Feist, but I could listen to Cat Power...and, I was surprised that both were on my mp3 player so close together, when neither is really my fav kind of music. I had to, ya know, justify this to myself or something.

Yeh, I guess I am weird.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Mungo Jerry doing the classic "In the Summertime" 1970. thanks blechdackel


********************

No comments: