Friday, February 11, 2011

Harvey Dog's fav bands and musicians: The B's (con't) - The Bintangs!!!

[note: this post was written jan. 26th, but I got onto something else and never came back to it...so wtf here it is.]

I'm sorta using these "fav band and musician" posts to talk about bands / musicians that have been favs at any time in my life. They may not necessarily be my favs now - but I doubt I hate them....[self-editor: and this has nothing to do with the current post!] Now that I got the legalities out of the way let's continue......

loosen loosen loosen
up
with

The Bintangs! I recall walking Spirit Lake on Haida Gwaii playing my harmonica to scare away the bears - and the humans...
hahahaha lolololol
thanks for dropping by Dad!!!
anyway Blues on the Ceiling (1969) came on and there was something about it...I mean...there was something about it...I was playing the best fucking harmonica in my life!!! I was rockin' with The Bintangs. I loved it! I hooked into some more of their albums, and I was NOT disappointed. There's something about them...It's like how The Trouble Boys at times were my fav band to see on the local bar scene. They rocked! And not cheesy cliched rock pap...they rocked like a motherfucker!! And so do The Bintangs....add exclamation marks where necessary....
Their latest Fire and Iron (2009) still shows that they have the fire deep within and not horny like latter-day mick jagger...but real angry horny emotions like MC5 or The Stooges! Maybe not quite meeting that standard...but who does??? and they come pretty fucking close! If you like hard rocking bluesy songs sung with horny anger then look no further...here's some links:

The Bintangs Official Web Site

Bintangs on Wikipedia

Try Blues on the Ceiling (1969) & Mickey Finn (1975) at Cheeta Kitten - both classics!
*****************

No comments: