Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Music: Roy Harper (3 youtubes), Tim Buckley and Tangerine Dream are awesome!!

Time to knock out a quickie music post
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roy Harper is really good...he has a really great voice...he writes strong lyrics...I really enjoy listening to him when he pops up on my mp3...but there's something there that's keeping him out of my top tier of favs...why is that? what is it? not sure, but he's certainly worth checking out, which you can do at earls psychedelic garden (prob. my fav - Stormcock 1971) and see what you think.

Tim Buckley is another guy with an amazing voice who has reached the top tier of my favs at various points through the past 10 years, but when I listen to his live albums he sure sniffles a lot...hmmmmm....

Tangerine Dream -- they've won me over and i am now a huge fan! What took me so fucking long?!?!?! Check out lots of live Tangerine Dream at Sugarmegs Streaming Server.

still d/l tons of live shows at sugarmegs and it's driving me crazy! TOO MUCH MUSIC!!! bs..never too much music...

i'm in the process of d/l a 10cd box of High Rise: Psychedelic Atmosphere Beatnik Tour 2000 at bleak bliss...i can NOT resist...thank you Mr. Bliss!!
####################

I'm a little under the weather today, but I'm transitioning back into the computer world - and that makes me HAPPY! So much to learn!!! I'm lovin' it!!!!!
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Since this was a shitty little post, I better leave off with some youtubes...I chose 3 Roy Harper live vids and like I said - he's really good...

Here's Roy on The "Old Grey Whistle Test" from 1977 playing One of Those Days in England from HQ (which was the album I listened to which made me think "hmmmm...Roy Harper? He's good. Shouldn't I like him more?") thanks RoyHarperFan.


From 1986 Roy does One Man Rock'n'Roll Band. hmmmm...watching this man play live is making me think I better revisit him soon...great guitar playing! thanks Zelig666.


Roy playing "Hangman" with Jimmy Page in the mountains around 1984. thanks imagineerstube.

******************

No comments: