Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Poetry: Anger

Anger

I shiver with rage at the lack of sensitivity
when I walk around your smelly downtown,
There was this asshole
who pushed me aside, he thought he was tough,
I'm not taking it - I've had enough!

Don't push me round
Don't put me down
Anger

Sex in the city, isolation's free
if you want to live miserably,
why don't you talk to me,
I'll remind you of your history,
we can't keep making the same mistakes
if we wanna die, naturally!

We gotta fight
We gotta right
Anger...

This anger cannot be constrained
This anger cannot be restrained,
it's time to spit it out
and let everybody know,
that it's too late to be sedate
we've got to let the anger flow!

We gotta fight
Don't push me round
Anger...

I hate working the night shift
under the stars so bright,
I'd rather be free of employment
making the manager's rich
while I struggle to pay my rent
all they do is bitch!!

Don't push me round
Don't push us round
Anger....Anger...Anger!!!!

written early 80s when I was around 20ish (and apparently working the night shift!). Recorded by The Hated Uncles 1985-1986 era.
*******************

No comments: