Sunday, April 02, 2006

Ash Ra Tempel, Hawkwind, and Moondog inspire poetry, rambling, rambling poetry, release and...who said anything about drugs?!

Ash Ra Tempel: Schwingungen (1972) *****

"Look At Your Sun"
is beautiful...something that hit me just right today...beautiful guitar playing, beautiful vocals...
"we are all one...we are all one" is comforting.
To be part of a worthwhile whole
not an outside egg
with shell cracked and seeping
ready for birth...or death?
the sun shines
the music brings forth light
the egg is free

the egg is free!
Another Ash Ra classic...Schwingungen
"Flowers Must Die"
brings in the darkness
the ominous underbelly
of the light now appears,
beautiful still...but dark
yes yes yes
the flowers MUST die!!
there is no choice
face the inevitable...
the voice strangulated
in the face
of this inevitable death
"I want to be a stone"
the flowers scream
but there is no changing fate
fate is sealed
fate is done
fate is NOW!

"Suche and Liebe"
peace
peace
peace
is there peace after death?

Ash Ra Tempel - this is their second album. Ash Ra and Can have become 2 of my all-time favorite bands in the past few months.
***

Arctic Monkeys

A person wrote into this blog a couple of months ago and provided a link to an Arctic Monkeys web site. There were no comments in the note about the Arctic Monkeys, just a nice comment about the blog. I checked out the site, listened to the music on the site and thought the Arctic Monkeys rocked really hard in the classic New York Dolls / Stooges vein. In other words...awesome stuff. This was the first I had heard about them. I assumed it was the webmaster of the site, or else a massive fan!

Today...a couple of months have passed and 2 of my fav mags "MOJO" and "Uncut" have started raving about them. I've heard about 4 songs now and saw a live clip of them, and feel that purchasing their cd is a must do! Check out an
Arctic Monkeys web site, and my friend's(?) Arctic Monkeys web site.
***


Poem Written while listening to
Hawkwind's "Doremi Fasol Latido"

"Hawkwind were pretty fucking great!" shouted a man at the bus stop
lighting a cigarette disguised
as a joint

the mainmen have all departed
to parts unknown as

junkies lay in gutters
waiting for savior's...
Hawkwind demonstrate clean living.
and the knock upon the door
is not the knock
you were waiting for


you can change your lock
lay on the floor

yet
you're

still living in the dark
living in the dark


the winds of the hawk
blow outside your window
clutched to the bosom
of the mother
the mind of the child
is a fragile thing

...the child in me
is screaming
the voices I hear
are trembling
the turmoil

in my soul
is stirring...


following leaders to war
Hawkwind after a 3 mile jog. Healthy living!death is all around

...there are no leaders
all your questions
will go unanswered

there are no answers

time we left this world today
time we left this world today


or else it's time to blow it away!!!
blow this fucker away!!!!!
***

"Time We Left This World Today" by Hawkwind is my favorite Hawkwind song of all time. Hawkwind: "Doremi Fasol Latido" (1972) ***** One fucking powerful album.

"Urban Guerilla" is like "Search & Destroy" before "Search & Destroy" (by The Stooges) was released. Starfarer's Hawkwind Page. Hawkwind's Official Web Site.
***

I'm listening to Moondog: More Moondog / The Story of Moondog (1956, 1957) **** and it's pretty great. I'm not sure why, but I like shit like this. It conveys to me a feeling of searching, a feeling of exploration. There's sincerity in it. Official Moondog web site

Arthur Doyle is another explorer of music that I find interesting. This is an area of music I'm only beginning to tread. More music to explore...

motherfucker!
***

No comments: