Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Depressed New Job Blues, Mo Tucker is amazing!!! Hawkwind and Humble Pie youtube it!!! CD ratings?!

This is me. My boss actually sits to me. Sorta like this!
Depressed New Job Blues

stress intensified
small company with
$$$$$
in their eyes

i'm the fucking guy in the bkgd
trying to scrape by

working in the code factory
oh yes
i'm working in the code factory
a slave to my fears
a slave to my needs

squeezed into a cubicle
like some
depressed dilbert
or dagwood

a character out of a fucking comic strip
is what I've become,
working in the code factory
feel the callous on my wrist
as my back unwinds and twist

working in the code factory
like a ravaged boat
on a stormy sea
Good God I'm working in a
fucking code factory!!
***

shackles are off...
cause really

NOTHING MATTERS ...except the guru bah and trouble
***
The sexy Mo
Maureen Tucker: Life in Exile After Abdication (1989) *****
This album blew me away!!! I figured it would be good, and I was looking forward to listening...BUT...this exceeded my expectations by a mile.
This sounds more VU experimental
than you would imagine.
I love the songs about the reality of work.

Listen to this if you can find it.

What??? Here's
a link that may help you.....what do I mean? Oh, click on the blog title and it takes you to rapidshare. What could that possibly be? You may want to check it out.

[aside: did you know that the drummer for one of the MOST legendary groups EVER actually worked at fucking Wal-Mart. Hey, she had to make a living as a single mother in her mid-forties.
Note: These were the days before file sharing.
Note: I just went to amazon and this is her only album available...from $41.00 Cdn (not including shipping from the US - another $15-20)]

Great song after great song....Mo is a goddess and still beats the drums like a motherfucker!!!
***

I'm anti-capitalist
cause that's hoarding
...we should be sharing!!
***

Self-Analysis: I don't share enough.
I'm a fucking capitalist pig!!!
***

Writing about Maureen Tucker prompted me to put on a Velvets boot called "Caught Between the Twisted Stars".

melody laughter
a lullaby about a small girl named melody
who invented a guitar
with no chords

take out logic
...because that makes SENSE.

***

Oh here's a great youtube clip of the almighty Hawkwind with The Lemster telling us about his Silver Machine! Feel the fucking power in the band!!!! philcorr - thanks dude

***

For the fuck of it

Here's some albums I've listened to lately with a 5 star rating based on how much I enjoyed it at the time. In other words - ratings are useless, transitory!...but fun.

Humble Pie: Rock On (1971) **** good shit.
Shawn Phillips: Collaboration (1971) ****1/2 i dig this guy...something about his voice...reminds me of Ted Neeley from Jesus Christ Superstar...outrageously talented.
Plastic People of the Universe: Egon Bondy's...(1973-1974) ***** classic
Nick Cave: Abattoir Blues / Lyre of Orpheus (2004) ***** his best...at this moment!
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club (2006) ***1/2 very good...surprisingly acoustic and melodic
Van Morrison: Days Like This (1995) *** typical Van
Comus: First Utterance (1971) ***** wow!
***

Saw "The Life and Times of Steve Marriott" (2000) [aside: thanks Steve!] and loved it. Not a "dirt" doc, since his substance abuse problems (and weird death) were very much glossed over. That's cool, because they included lots of live clips...and that's what lasts.

Here's a clip of classic Humble Pie (with Peter Frampton!!!) doing an acoustic cover of The Yardbirds "For Your Love". Great stuff! kudos to brainfish...

***

Thank you for reading...I'm outta here. Code Factory tomorrow!
***

No comments: