Thursday, March 08, 2007

The Saints, Beefheart runs by and AEC rock!

The Saints love neon jesus
The Saints: Eternally Yours (1978) *****
I remember telling Randy in an email how much I enjoyed The Saints "I'm Stranded". He replied - yeh, but wait until you hear "Eternally Yours".

I am listening to Eternally Yours right now and it is helping to rock away the New Job Depression Blues. The "Product" songs both blast away.

This type of music helped me immensely during my youth (which lasted until my fucking 30s!! - hahaha)...there was nothing else for you when you felt like shit. Put on some blasting rock'n'roll.
high energy
sweat
an exorcism of negativity
and all the shit
they shoot your way

I liked it hard, fast...but...structured. Exactly like this!! [aside: I'm probably more into the "fucked up" stuff these days, but we all need an exorcism now and again!!] Which puzzles me to no end. I mean...I had heard of these guys but never "heard" them...really...how fucking pathetic is that????

I have now rectified this gap in my life. The Saints are now in regular rotation. They'll hit my "listening list" consistently now!

"Run Down" just caught my attention. Every song just rocks along...perfectly. Give this album 5 fucking stars!!!

The Saints home page.
***

I think it's good karma to mention Captain Beefheart in the blog once in awhile. The Beefer tells us what it's all about!
***

Wow...I'm making a copy of Iggy Pop's "Live in San Francisco 1981" and my dvd player is making some unearthly noises!! I think I'm freaking out!!!
***

Here's an awesome Art Ensemble of Chicago performance.
When I lived in Oakville, there was a really cool jazz cd store called Gregorian (i think) and I picked up Art Ensemble of Chicago's "The Pathe Sessions" from the "Americans Swinging in Paris" series. They also looked amazingly cool on the cover! When I heard Fontella Bass belting out cosmic sexual lyrics on "Theme de Yoyo" over a driving bass line...well, I was hooked!
Then "People in Sorrow" came on and I was swept away with it's beauty. awesome awesome music. credit: sky50

***
I'm listening to Magazine's "Real Life" (1978) and it's sounding mighty fine!
***

No comments: