Saturday, January 14, 2006

Amon Duul jam supremely and record store of choice closes...ahhhhh

Amon Duul (circa 1970) never took drugs. Hahahahahahahahaha...from web site linked in blog.
Amon Duul I: Para Dieswarts Duul (1970) ****1/2 Guru T-Lu has started a brand new hobby. Collages! At least it's only paper and not paint. The Guru is somewhat, shall we say...not neat when it comes to her hobbies.

On to Amon Duul....and a brand new head space. Float along with the music and it can take you into some beautiful places.

love is peace
freedom is harmony

A nice refrain to wrap your head around. "Snow Your Thirst" is a lengthy meandering guitar solo. I love it. It's like jazz man. A lot of this krautrock strikes me as being close to freeform jazz.

You can see the influence on "Second Edition" by Public Image Ltd. And fucking right it's a paramechanical world!

Amazing stuff.
Amon Duul II official home page. There wasn't a home page on Amon Duul I, but this site has info also about the original Amon Duul.

Get the cd, cause the bonus tracks are awesome. Fuck that! Get the cd AND the lp. If I see the lp I'll be purchasing. Motherfucker!
***

My fav record store "Rock Your World" is closed now, but I'll still be buying from Steve's home, so the nice steady flow of lp purchases will continue. I picked up 9 records yesterday (2 doubles). 3 James Gang records (2 w/ Domenic Troiano & 1 w/ Tommy Bolin...already have all the Joe Walsh ones), Argent "Encore" 2 lps, Lonestar "Firing on all Six" (NOT the modern day country band, but rather a late 70's prog band...Never heard of them), Nektar "Recycled", Status Quo "Status Quo", Thin Lizzy "Live and Dangerous" 2 lps and Wishbone Ash "New England". "Rock Your World", as you can tell, specializes in 70s rock stuff. A good way to feed the basic rock need still in me.

I thought the Tommy Bolin James Gang was quite good and the Troiano James Gang was fine. The Joe Walsh is still the best.

***

No comments: