Friday, January 06, 2006

Bow down to the Captain! Dog farts smell!

The Captain rocks like a motherfucker! Praise him! Join the cult of the Captain! Repeat! Join the cult of the Captain!
Captain Beefheart: Railroadism 1966-1981 (2003) ***** It's about time to get the new year started properly and review a Captain Beefheart cd.

Old Black Snake: 1972 OK. This starts off the cd pretty fucking awesome. The Captain's voice is deep and powerful and resonant and we are all little peons in comparison.
King Bee: 1973 Focus on the bass and you'll think you're having a heart attack. Don't worry though. It'll only be a stroke. Why wasn't this a hit single? And it's fucking live recording!
The Blimp: 1975 I feel weak and insignificant. This is strong and vital. It's the FUCKING BLIMP and I am now flying over the Captain's desert. I swear to God I just heard Ornette Coleman join in...really...
Booglarize: 1975 The Guru just called me from the tub and said: "I know you're blogging like a madman but I love this song." Why wouldn't you?
Carrot: 1977 Is that really the Captain at the beginning of the song? He DOES have an 8 octave range! Beautiful.
China Pig: 1977 The Captain is also quite the storyteller. And a political historian. How can I not give this collection 5 stars?
Dummy: 1977 Short and deep
Grow Fins: 1977 OK. 5 fucking stars!
Floppy Boot: 1977 The Captain once replied to a band member enquiring what this song meant that it was about sex...like all his songs. Well, maybe it wasn't this song.
Harry Irene: 1978 The Captain is a very deep man. I hope the future children of this planet listen to what Mr. Beefer has to say.
Dust: 1978 so true so true so true
Ashtray: 1981 Dirty Blue Billie Jean: 1981 Smithsonian: 1981 Red Rose: 1981 Poppy: 1981 Beans from Venus: 1981 Avalon: 1966 Fuck it. Nothing more needs to be said. I love this...oh my God!!!!!! As I'm typing this the dog actually farted a 3rd time!!! 5 stars 5 stars I hope the Captain is receiving royalty on this. Bye.
***
My Poobahs
So, I'm sitting in the computer room with Guru T-Lu on the computer, Poobah and myself. The cat is sleeping in the other room. Suddenly the Guru asks: "Did you let one go?" I replied: "It wasn't me."

The potency increased alarmingly as the dog innocently licked her bone while Guru T-Lu and Harvey Dog clutched each other hoping to survive the onslaught.

You hear about it, but until you actually experience it you cannot appreciate the power of a dog's fart.


Guru T-Lu added after a second fart incident in the bathroom: "It's like the fart is attacking you and you can't run away."
***

No comments: