Monday, January 23, 2006

Simply Saucer...The Hated Uncles...The Mole...Hamilton's to blame!

The Mole contemplates the power one can wield by being listed in Wikipedia!! Zowie!!
Simply Saucer: Cyborgs Revisited 1974-1977 (2003) ****1/2 My friend Mole released the original Cyborgs Revisited in 1989 on lp on his Mole Records. He is still to this day their #1 fan and group-eye. He can be found dee-jaying a show like only the Mole can dee-jay a show on Creative Radio Central. And check out Mole at Wikipedia!!! This is great! The Mole's on Wikipedia! Call your parents and warn them
of
the
coming apocalypse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nazi Apocalypse!!!!!!

In spite of all this....I have learned to love this lp the more I listen to it.

The influences are apparent (Syd Barrett, Velvets, Can)...however, they amalgamate it all into a stew uniquely their own. To draw comparisons like the critics love to do, I would say they could be considered a garage rock version of Can.

[Self-involved aside: The Hated Uncles actually played some shows with a later day edition of Simply Saucer with Edgar Breau and Kevin Christoff in the band. I remember them being really good, and also nice guys...through the haze of smoky bars, alcohol fueled gigs, concussions and broken bones. * cough * well, maybe NOT broken bones.]

The bonus cuts actually lower the quality somewhat. I have the original lp (thanks Mole baby...your Can and Ash Ra Tempel cds are on the way!), the original cd and now the cd with bonus cuts! And Edgar's solo cd. Which is pretty great too. Guru T-Lu is also a fan.


You should be a fan too. Support Hamilton bands!!!

...motherfucker.
***

It's been a hectic (well, if not hectic, a little stressful) time for Harvey Dog, but hopefully things are back to normal now. Extremely busy for the Guru at work as well. If only she could be a full-time photographer and I could do fun music web stuff for myself full time or work in an independent music store. * sigh *

Did I mention job interviews suck...* blech *

OK. I feel better now.
***

Mole also gave me The Electric Eels cd "God Says Fuck You" as a gift. Really cool, if somewhat difficult listening. In fact, I gotta give this a listen to...it's been ages!
***

1 comment:

Harvey Dog said...

Mole

I had to confess, and not just in this comment. I confess in my next posting, and now I feel cleansed and can move on from this secret that has haunted me from years!!

Hey, what happened to your web presence? I had a link to your playlist, but can't find it now. Let me know, and I'll put up a link to you.

HD