Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Harvey Dog says thanks for the comments, Randy sends a stash and I'm freaking out on Cosmic Jokers

Spot Poobah in the picture...photo courtesy of Cassandra
First of all...thanks for all the comments while I've been gone a few days. Thanks to Chris Moonbeams for his kind words and also for providing a link to Arctic Monkeys CDs. Definitely rocking! From England! Check them out. There are 4 songs there for your listening pleasure and I'm impressed. Arctic Monkeys Home Page. Do I hear some Bowie "Scary Monsters" influence in "Fake Tales of San Francisco"? The last classic Bowie album.

Mole!? What can I say? You dogged me out. Yes, I have the Simply Saucer lp, which the Mole correctly points out in his comments...had, shall we say, other purposes.

OK...Mole, I'll confess!!!!!!!!!

It was used to roll joints on. There. It's done...I feel pure once again.

And Mole...believe you fucking me...I ain't rolling joints on it anymore! I have a pipe now.
***

The picture was taken this past week by the Guru and if you look closely you can spot Poobah.

Hey, it's my blog and every so often I need a picture of the Poo on it. What can I say?

***
Let the Cosmic Jokers relax you freak you out mold your mind into jelly...
Yesterday, I received an incredible package in the mail. My friend Randy in rainy Vancouver sent me tons of music, tons of music dvds and I am in complete rapture and hardly know where to begin and I want to dance and I want to sing and I want to make music
and I want to listen
to every fucking thing
all at once

Thanks Randy!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's why I hardly know where to begin. Amon Duul II, more Ash Ra Tempel (favs) !!!, Band box set (1st cd was fantastic), Boredoms, Ornette Coleman (the 6 cd Beauty Is a Rare Thing!!!), Cosmic Jokers!!! (which I'm listening to right now as I'm typing this and it's blowing my fucking mind...as I'm sure you can tell), Betty Davis, Bill Fay, Jackson C. Frank, Garcia, Godz, Grateful Dead's Golden Road!!!, Gris Gris (when he sends me a surprise...it's gonna be awesome), Henske & Yester, Gary Higgins (I had it on my amazon "to be ordered later" list!!), Mission of Burma, Mountain Goats (you got me curious
Vaspers), Psychic Ills, Red Krayola (yes!!), Silver Apples (again...yes!!), Six Organs of Admittance, early Tangerine Dream (my first...I'm so ashamed), some awesome Soul Jazz comps and finally...some Warlocks.

And I'm haven't yet mentioned the dvds! Woodstock, Monterey, Grateful Dead's new (old) movie, John Lennon in the T dot 1969, The 6th disc (dvd) of The Band's box set, The Miles Davis Story, Miles Electric, Jimi and Otis at Monterey and the always lovely and relaxing Gimmie Shelter.

Signing off, but will return tomorrow with some off-kiltered thoughts on some of this new stockpile.
***

The Cosmic Jokers are still fucking freaking me out. Cosmic Jokers web presence on an Ash Ra site!
***

2 comments:

steven edward streight said...

You're just now listening to "Atem" and "Zeit" by Tangerine Dream? Shame.

I just got fired from a job, so I'm listening to Bad Religion, Blue Eyed Christ, Rancid, New Bomb Turks, Refused, Jimmy Eat World, Monks of Doom, The Wades, and I almost bought:

B-Sides/Rarities by Atari Teenage Riot

Is Rocket From the Crypt good?

Some bands, whose music I once had on CD and tape, that I miss most:

Silver Apples
Ultimate Spinach
Moby Grape
The Smoke
Mandrake Memorial
HP Lovecraft
Boris Policeband
Germs
New Age Steppers
Wire
The Sicilian Vespers

A. R. said...

Simply Saucer was a facilitator of great joy. Pipes are so much more ecologically friendly, anyhow.