Wednesday, February 01, 2006

All this new music drives a dog to distraction, Ash Ra Tempel ARE The Cosmic Jokers and we are all Mountain Goats!

This man went to jail for you!! Bastards of the system must die!!!!!
I have begun the dive into my new batch of music from my friend Randy in Vancouver.

** Thanks man **

I am in a constant state of freaking out listening to this music and it's NOT just due to the drugs. I'm freaking out to the
M U S I C
Cosmic Jokers were amazing and I have 4 more to go!!!
crazy crazy crazy

***

I've listened to a couple of Ash Ra Tempel already ["Join Inn" (1973) and "Starring Rosi" (1973)] and Ash Ra have become one of my all-time favs.

[Serious Note: Well, not that serious. But to continue. Sometimes I wonder why I like music so much. Sort of from a scientific viewpoint. And when the music takes me away (like Ash Ra and so many others), it lifts me up...elates me. I can understand why rock'n'roll, or any music for that matter, is often compared to fucking. It's not quite there...but other than the Guru and the family it's #2 in my life. There is something pure and magical about music, regardless of the asshole that may have created it.]

Anyway...Ash Ra Tempel are awesome and I love them very much.

"I love you Ash Ra Tempel" - said in the tone of "Grizzly Man"

I'm not insane...just Ash Ra damaged.
***

Hi Fidelity.
***

The Band's 1st disc of "A Musical History" was fantastic. The Band's Web Site. Excellent site!

It gave me a new appreciation of them. I know the Guru is a bigger fan than I am. I mean, I love them and all that and when they back Dylan, well God almighty they're fucking fantastic, but sometimes the studio albums, I dunno...I mean I've pretty much always had them and loved them, but I dunno...so I'll keep on running with this sentence and see where it ends up....
***

It ended up here. I've heard some of Gary Higgins' "Red Hash" (1973) and it sounds incredible to these ears.

Coincdence: I had read the revew of this cd in "Record Collector" and it sounded like it was right up my alley. So I placed it on my "To Be Ordered" list for next time I...um, placed an order. Then Randy sends me an email telling me of some of the treats coming my way, and lo and behold (Band connection there), this cd was on it.

I know if I had ordered this I would have been very happy.
In fact, I will order it. He deserves the royalties. A fantastic online interview with Gary Higgins.
***

I'm listening to The Mountain Goats right now, and it sounds good. I'll have to focus on the lyrics more next time.

Ever heard of Hamell on Trial? I have one of his cds and The Mountain Goats seem like a less acerbic, more gentle version...I love Hamell's lyrics.

We'll see. They do sort of capture me every so often.

***

Ornette Coleman's box set!! Betty Davis!! Boredoms!! Silver Apples!! So much more!!

MORE EXPLANATION MARKS!!!!

MORE EXCITEMENT!!!
MORE COLOURS!!!!!

COMING SOON TO A BLOG NEAR YOU!!!!!!!

***

No comments: