Saturday, March 25, 2006

Butthole Surfers infiltrate a dog's mind, Harvey Dog's unfortunate work neighbor, and we spy on Guru T-Lu's cds.

When the naked guy says 'Let's go surfing!' I get nervous.
Miscellaneous Notes from the Minds of a Dog

The Butthole Surfers' early albums were pretty

o
u
t
t h e r e...
all over the fucking mind of the listener. I'm listening to "I Saw an X-Ray of a Girl Passing Gas" from Hairway to Steven (1988) and

.......it's fucking N U T S man....I love it!!!!!!!!!!
###

There's this nice woman who sits next to me at work...in the hallway. Don't ask. Anyway, V is a super nice person, and I've lent her some cds to listen to at work. I should also mention that she listens to mellow new-agey radio stations usually. Being the nice guy I am, I'm trying to lend her different things that I think she may enjoy.

Here's the list and her reactions:


Kraftwerk: Kraftwerk (1970) She was NOT impressed. It was a little too out there for her. So, I listened to it that night (having only listened to it maybe 3 times previously). Um....I lent her this??? What was I thinking?? I really like it, but not for everyone.

Exuma: I (1970) She seemed to really like Exuma. That was a pleasant reaction. A hit! COMING SOON: Exuma mini-bio!

Tim Buckley: Blue Afternoon (1969) / Starsailor (1970) She also liked Tim. Not quite as enthusiastically as Exuma or the next two cds. I only recently got "Starsailor" [aside: Cause it's S T I L L out of print!!! Fuckin' ridiculous!], and when I re-listened to it, I forgot how crazy and avant-gardey it gets at the end. Hence...her lack of enthusiasm.

Various Artists: New Orleans Funk 1960-1975 (2000) Saturday Night Fish Fry 1960-1975(2001) These were her favs. Especially the "New Orleans Funk" collection. I picked a winner!! I tell ya, these Soul Jazz collections are awesome!! Check them out!!

Next week, let's see...Butthole Surfers? um, no...Soft Machine? maybe. Can? No...better not. More Soul Jazz? YES!!!
###

The Surfers are kicking ass!!! Butthole Surfers Official Web Site.
***
Bryan Ferry gets stood up once again...being sexy is soooo hard!
Guru T-Lu's music she has pulled out recently: (hehehehe...I'm spying!!! be very quiet...ssh)

The James Gang: All of em...I mean...all of the Gang with Joe Walsh (3 studio 1 live). Great stuff.

Beck: Guero (2005) The Guru is a Beck fan, and who can blame her? You can't help but do some air dancing listening to this.

Bryan Ferry: These Foolish Things (1973) The Guru is a big Roxy / Ferry fan. So am I...especially 70s Roxy. I've got "Reflections" which is a cool cd of 70s Roxy TV appearances - mainly all live. Ferry is an excellent front man and the whole band was incredibly entertaining live. Especially with Eno acting all over-the-top in front of his keyboards and contraptions. Good fun! [aside: The Guru just walked in, gave me a headlock, saw Bryan Ferry's name on the screen and then screamed: "Bryan Ferry's a sexy man! Write that. Bryan Ferry's a sexy man!!!!" Then she left....The Guru keeps life exciting!!!]

Jesus and Mary Chain: "Automatic" (1989) For someone who says she hates "rock music" she sure listens to a lot of said "rock music".

Leonard Cohen: Dear Heather (2004) Ah!! This is more typical...good old Lennie reflecting on things...as any 70 year old lecher poet would.

Nothing embarrassing but we'll catch her up! If I embarrassed myself online a couple of posts ago (...guilty pleasures admitted!"), why aren't other people! Bastards!!!
***

No comments: