Sunday, March 05, 2006

Random Ramblings on a Sunday Afternoon

Someone save Mickey!! Wait! What am I saying?! Die Mickey Die Die!!
I feel like a little free-flowing blogmania running wild...
I've got my music collection list out (the Word document, not the Excel spreadsheet...I need to work on an Access database as well, but I do that stuff at work) and thought I'd ramble on about bands I don't usually write about...

let it flow
let the bullshit begin
don't go
don't lose let's all win!!!

Um, yeh...maybe we'll do some editing later [Note later on: No, we won't!!! Sucker!]...Picture of Mickey courtesy of Cassandra's Eye.
***

Currently On CD Player: end of Mountain Goats - stuff from the 90's. Fun stuff. His lyrics crack me up. Different.

AC/DC: Ah...let's start with the A's!!! I used to use (well, not as often as I would have liked) "Walk All Over You" from Highway To Hell (1979) **** as my wrestling entrance music. It worked perfectly! Actually, I only used it once. * sigh * "Highway To Hell" is great too. Really, though...I mean, really. Doncha really, I mean really, only need
Highway To Hell" for Bon's best and Back in Black (1980) **** for Brian's best?
I mean, really...don't they sound sorta samey after awhile? I mean, really...
***

Currently On CD Player: Disc 1 of "Scraping the Barrel" - Gentle Giant. 1st time listening to this. Just got it.

Gentle Giant: Well, why not talk about Gentle Giant? I've been a fan since high school and always had a fond place in my heart for Gentle Giant.
I find them calming...peaceful...interesting...gently rocking...
Faves? Gentle Giant (1970) ***1/2 Three Friends (1972) **** Power and the Glory (1974) *** Free Hand (1975) ****
Gentle Giant makes it all seem so nice....Official nice Gentle Giant web site.
***
John Coltrane sneding me spiritual vibes...
John Coltrane: I love Coltrane. He and Miles are neck and neck for my fav jazz musician. This past week Coltrane's "Live in Japan" finally arrived and I listened to the 1st disc and it absolutely picks me up, puts me in an envelope and sends me flying off air mail into the unknown. I find Coltrane's latter music very spiritual. Which, for me to say, is really bizarre. John Coltrane's official web site.

free flow...I will open up the music list and point randomly and choose...
***

Bob Dylan??????

Well, what's there to say about Bob that hasn't been said this past year? No Direction Home is awesome...so's the bootleg series vol. 7. The Guru is a massive Dylan fan and so am I, but I would say she's the #1 Dylan fan!! Probably because he's mentally disturbed. Hahaha...

Note: Self Portrait (1970) ***1/2 is nowhere near as bad as the critics made it out to be. And Dylan (1973) **1/2 the notorious release from Columbia after Dylan signed with Geffen isn't so bad itself. I like "Mr. Bojangles"! So there. I'm glad I got it on lp!

The Guru and I disagree about Empire Burlesque (1985) **. I think the 80s production makes it incredibly dated and one of Bob's worst (even though the songwriting is..ok). The Guru approves of it.
***

Why did I get such a shitty cd player. It plays ok..but, it doesn't have a display to say what track you're on...or the time...

I'm a cartoon character.
***

The Gentle Giant box sounds great! I'm a fan though. Beginners need not begin with the box.
***
Gwar are NOT spiritual!
Gwar: I saw Gwar live with the infamous Imants Krumins at Lee's Palace in Toronto.

What a spectacle.
Blood flowing, heads chopped off


PENISES CHOPPED OFF!!!!

and we all cringed
and fell in love with
Slymenstra Hymen


oh we were a sick bunch
of motherfuckers!!!

Gwar's sick motherfucking web site.
***

Little Feat: I bought Sailin' Shoes (1972) **** and loved it. I thought, "oh yeh..now here's a band I could really get into." Never happened. Got Feats Don't Fail Me Now (1974) **1/2 and it just...didn't hit me. What can I say? Maybe, I'll eventually get into them...or not. I actually gave Feats 3 stars a couple of months ago on this blog...but I'm knocking it down a tad for boringness.
***

Always remember...support Captain Beefheart and independent artists!!
***

No comments: