Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Can's Monster Movie inspires babble and cd organization is in process

First album: Monster Movie
Can: Monster Movie (1969) ***** What a debut! Even though the amazing Damo Suzuki wasn't on board yet, Malcolm Mooney was pretty fucking great himself.

Mary Mary
I'm freaking out
Mary Mary
I'm freaking out

It's hard to believe this was done in 1969..."Mary, Mary" causes my brain to perform
psychedelic
somersaults.

"Outside My Door" is pure punk...Now they're fucking doing post-punk...in 1969

We should all become Canheads
and understand
and appreciate
the brilliance of Can.

"Yoo Doo Right" is parts Joy Division! Now I'm hearing Kings of Leon...again, must I repeat this...1969!!!! Just how fucking influential were this band? And now it's settled into an incredible soundtrack for the senses...I'm freaking out. This is probably about the 4th or 5th time I've listened to this one and it keeps getting better and better....

I can't believe I've only recently got some Can!!!! I remember hearing them on Mole's radio show on CFMU in the Hammer back 12-15 years ago, and thinking they sounded great and then I...did nothing about it. Sat on my ass purchasing hundreds of crappy cds while having

What an awesomely cool band
NO CAN!!!

Oh yeh...YOU MADE A BELIEVER OUT OF ME!!!!




I just changed the rating from 4 1/2 to 5 stars. Why not?

It's alright
It's alright
alright...it's alright

you made a believer out of me.

Let Can make a believer out of you...Can's brilliant web site.
***

What? What mess???!!!!
Now I'm going back to my cd reorganization.
It's hard to keep them ordered by name and year
and then you run out of space
and the room looks messy
and you get tired of looking at it
and the dog keeps banging into them
and you start having trouble finding them
and then you find yourself blogging instead of cleaning.

Back to the walls
and eyes to the floor
here I go
back to clean more!
***

No comments: