Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Prince Rupert here I come! New Musical discoveries: Thirsty Moon, Nine Days Wonder, Negativland and Harry Manx!!

I'll off to Prince Rupert next week taking 2 clients with brain injuries for testing. That ought to be fun!!!! One's already planning to escape...I'm sure to do some mind altering substances...and his mind is altered enough!

Actually, these guys are great and I'm glad to be able to help them out. They can be a bit exhausting though.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%

The Guru is over in Prince Rupert right now for a quickie holiday...and some shopping. And next week, we'll both be off-island, leaving our daughter behind...The Bah!!!! I'm taking it harder than anyone...Trouble will have no prob...
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Some interesting new shit...
at least for me


Thirsty Moon - more krautrock...actually jazzy krautrock with a driving sax...the 21 minute "Yellow Sunshine" was great...excellent high quality stuff that merits more attention...i also have their 2nd which gets a slightly higher rating on
RateYourMusic.

Nine Days Wonder - yep...more fucking krautrock, and i fucking love it!!!! this is much stranger than Thirsty Moon...maybe even better..need more listening...i wish i had more ears!!!!

Negativland - ha...fooled ya...this is NOT krautrock...rather very experimental in the sound collage field...sorta more theoretical residents???? really enjoyed it on first listen and need to hear more...really cool Negativland official web presence.

Harry Manx - canadian guitarist who studied eastern music for 5-6 years accounting for the occasional sitars...strong stuff that grew on me as i listened...worth hearing more of...Harry Manx official web.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I'm trying to get through the introduction of Robert Christgau's "Albums of the 80s", but my mind wanders aimlessly as I'm halfway through a paragraph. Is he writing a fucking theses or what??? I do enjoy his pithy snotty capsule reviews and his grading by letter (ha...hilarious!) and love critiquing him. If I can ever make it through the intro, and have the energy I'd love to cut up tons of his reviews...I mean...that's the whole point of them, right? right?? I find him to be quite the populist, and krautrock never seems to have happened in Christagauland.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Betcha thought I'd throw some krautrock on here...nah, let's go with Harry Manx and Kevin Breit doing "Death Have Mercy" live from Hugh's Room in Toronto...The Guru and I almost made it to Hugh's Room while were in Oakville, but alas, it was not to be. thanks indieeyes


****************

No comments: