Thursday, December 29, 2005

Blog It Baby, and Tim Buckley and Harmonia float into view.


As alluded to in the previous post, Harvey Dog's mental health isn't quite where it should be, but once a situation is cleared up and we say goodbye to xmas - the worse time of year for me [and a lot of people who suffer from depression], then I hope to get the energy to add some more dimension to the blog. Band profiles, lists, book reviews, more articles...Maybe a web site as well. So much to do...and look forward to. Until then, I will keep posting per usual.
***

Vaspers the Grate says "Writing your own blog is hard enough" but "...you have to interact with the blogosphere...by posting comments at other blogs." He does, and I've started stepping into this process, and I will add more recommended blogs as I come across them.

It's all about communication and sharing of ideas and thoughts...right?
***

Tim Buckley: Lorca (1970) ****1/2 I ordered this online, since you won't be finding too many Tim Buckley cds at your local HMV. Maybe "Greetings From L.A" if you're lucky.

What an incredible beginning. Ominous...foreboding...and yes, I would say somewhat dangerous. It's definitely a dark album, but let your mind meld into the music, the voice, the mood. Let it float...let Tim take you on a journey.

This album usually isn't rated too highly and I know that Guru T-Lu finds Tim Buckley dull and whiny, but I disagree. I think he's exciting and experimental and what a fucking voice! This album is challenging and flows like jazz...like I said...let it float.
The Tim Buckley Archives.
***

Harmonia: Deluxe (1975) **** I know I know...another 4 star rating. I could pull out crappy albums from my collection and give them low ratings, but I want to expose the good music, and try to expose less popular acts to the masses. If one person reads something here and explores it and loves it...well, that would make me happy.

Obviously, I am into "floating" music today.
***

I have been completely negligent regarding Captain Beefheart. I apologize profusely. Here's another link for a site on the good Captain.
United Mutations.
***

1 comment:

Harvey Dog said...

Thank you very much!