Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Roky Erickson goes to the 13th Floor, Metallica gets dissed and Prince George rocks man!

Poster: 13th Floor Elevators w/ Moby Grape. From: http://www.rokyerickson.net/
Roky Erickson: I Think of Demons (1980) ***** What can I say? When I make up my listening list this one is always on it. And why is "Bloody Hammer" one of my fav songs? And "White Faces"? And "Shake Me Lucifer"? And "Creature with the Atom Brain"? And "Cold Night for Alligators"? It's like those cheesey old horror movies, amusing, yet somehow still scary underneath. It's about being disturbed, hallucinating
fading
in and out
dealing with the
horror
....the nightmares

the pain in the brain...
thinking
too much

and
I start to
think of demons

And I'm thinking of demons. Again.
Roky Erickson's official web site. From all reports Roky is doing much better these days. Great to hear.

For great late 60s Texan psychedelic music, check out his original band, The 13th Floor Elevators. The 13th Floor Elevators web page.
***

Found a nice blog by a guy with amazing musical tastes (Ash Ra Tempel was on his list! As was Beefheart and Roky Erikson). In other words...similar to mine. Hahahaha. He talks about the mind and occassionally music. Hopefully, there will be more regulare activity on it. The Daily Formaheap.
***

I've heard that Metallica song with Marianne Faithfull at the end of it twice on the radio here in PG. Both times the dj had to comment on how spooky it was, but with this touch of snideness to it. Sorta mocking her. I think it's the best fucking thing Metallica ever did. They suck.

I refuse to list a link to a Metallica web site. No need to encourage that sort of behavior. Go to this Captain Beefheart web site instead.
***

Anxiously awaiting the arrival of Motley Crue, and now Nickelback into our fair city.

Good God....
***

You may be thinking to yourself. "Listening list?" Yes, I have a listening list. Is that so bad? Back me up Randy...you better back me up motherfucker!
***

No comments: